Health Tip: Carbon Monoxide Safety
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as "the invisible killer" because it's a colorless, odorless and poisonous gas.
More than 150 people in the United States die each year from accidental CO poisoning, says the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The commission encourages consumers to:
- Have annual heating system inspections.
- Never use portable generators indoors.
- Never use an oven for heating.
- Install battery-operated CO alarms.
- Know the symptoms of CO poisoning.
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.