Health Tip: Prevent Skin Problems at the Gym
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Germs may thrive at the gym, creating a perfect breeding ground for skin infections.
Bacteria, viruses and fungi thrive in warm and moist places, such as the locker room or sweaty gym equipment, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
The academy mentions these preventive tips:
- Wear loose-fitting, moisture-wicking clothing.
- Always wear shoes around the locker room and pools. Keep flip flops in your gym bag to use in a public shower.
- Keep any cuts clean and covered.
- Disinfect equipment before and after using it.
- Wash hands just after working out.
- Shower soon after exercising, and dress in clean clothes.
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.