Health Tip: Control Your Blood Pressure
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Uncontrolled high blood pressure is dangerous and could even lead to death, the American Heart Association says.
The AHA offers these suggestions for controlling high blood pressure:
- Know your numbers and identity your target blood pressure range.
- Work with your doctor to develop a plan to lower your pressure.
- Make lifestyle changes -- such as maintaining a healthy weight, eating a healthy diet, consuming less salt, getting regular exercise and limiting alcohol.
- Keep track of your blood pressure at home.
- Take any blood pressure medication your doctor prescribes.
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.