Health Tip: Avoid the Appearance of Aging
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- There's little you can do about wrinkles appearing -- they're a natural part of the aging process.
That doesn't mean you can't take steps to avoid becoming too wrinkled, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
Here's are the academy's suggestions:
- Wear sunscreen daily and apply it to all skin that is not covered by clothing.
- Do not tan from the sun or a tanning bed. Exposure to UV rays can accelerate aging, leading to wrinkles, age spots, a blotchy complexion and skin cancer.
- Use a moisturizer.
- Test makeup and skin care products to determine if you will have a reaction.
- Use such products as directed.
- Stop using products that sting or burn unless prescribed by a dermatologist. Irritating the skin may make signs of aging more noticeable.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.