Health Tip: Prevent Diaper Rash
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- It's every parent's nightmare -- diaper rash that
causes itchy bumps, scaly skin and lots of discomfort for your baby.
The Nemours Foundation says you can help prevent diaper rash by keeping the infant's skin dry and clean.
If your child develops diaper rash, Nemours suggests:
- Keep the skin dry as the rash heals.
- Increase the amount of time your baby spends without a diaper. Airing out the area may speed healing.
- Wash your baby's diaper area gently with warm water before each diaper change. Avoid soaps and baby wipes that can irritate skin.
- When your baby has diaper rash, use disposable diapers.
- Use a diaper ointment or paste that contains zinc oxide with each diaper change. This will form a protective barrier on the skin.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.