Health Tip: Achieve Healthier Hair
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Want your hair to look healthier?
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how to achieve healthier locks:
- Wash oily hair more frequently.
- Wash chemically treated hair less often.
- As you age, your scalp should make less oil, so you may not need to shampoo as often.
- Watch for flakes -- which may indicate dandruff or another scalp condition.
- Concentrate shampoo on the scalp instead of washing the entire length of hair.
- Use conditioner after every shampoo, or use a 2-in-1 product that cleans and conditions.
- Apply conditioner on the tips of hair.
- Choose a shampoo and conditioner formulated for your hair type.
- When swimming, wet and condition hair beforehand, or wear a tight-fitting cap.
- Use a specially formulated swimmer's shampoo and deep conditioner after swimming to replace lost moisture.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.