Health Tip: Prevent Foot Blisters
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- While blisters can occur most anywhere there's friction against the skin, they are commonly associated with the feet.
To help prevent foot blisters, the American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Wear socks that absorb moisture.
- Make sure your shoes fit properly.
- Wear moisture-absorbing, loose- fitting clothing. Avoid clothing made from cotton, which can lead to friction and chafing.
- Apply soft bandages, such as those made from moleskin, to protect problem areas on the feet.
- Apply powder or petroleum jelly to reduce friction.
- Stop the current activity right away if you have foot pain or discomfort.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.