Health Tip: Prevent Bed Bugs at Home
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Bed bugs are excellent at hiding in the seams of chairs, in and around the bed and in the folds of cushions, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says.
The agency suggests how to prevent bed bug infestation at home:
- Check secondhand furniture for any signs of bed bugs before purchasing.
- Use protective covers to encase mattresses and box springs. Check these regularly for holes.
- Reduce clutter so bed bugs have fewer places to hide.
- Unpack directly into your washing machine after a trip. Check your luggage carefully.
- When staying in hotels, place suitcases on luggage racks, not on the floor. Inspect the mattress and headboard for signs of bed bugs.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.