Health Tip: What to Do if You Scratch Your Eye
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- If your eye hurts, you feel like there's something stuck in your eye or you have tearing or redness, you may have scratched your eye.
If you think that's the case, the American Academy of Ophthalmology suggests:
- See an eye doctor without delay.
- Rinse your eye with saline solution or clean water using an eyecup or a small clean glass. The fluid may help flush any foreign object.
- Blink repeatedly to rid your eye of small dust or sand.
- Pull your upper eyelid over your lower eyelid.
- Wear sunglasses.
- Do not rub your eye or touch any object to it.
- Do not wear contact lenses, which can slow the healing process and may trigger complications.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.