Health Tip: Practice Window Safety
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- As spring approaches and the weather warms, you should be thinking about window safety and how to prevent falls and fire hazards.
The National Safety Council suggests:
- Never paint or nail a window shut.
- Do not install an air conditioner in a window that may be needed for escape during a fire.
- All window guards, security bars, grilles or grates must have a release mechanism.
- Create an emergency escape plan and practice it often.
- Keep emergencyescape ladders in second- or third-story bedrooms andteach everyone in the homehow to use them.
- Remember that a window screen cannot support a person's weight.
- Never leave children unattended around an open window.
- Any window within a child's reach should always be closed.
- Don't put furniture under a window. Doing so could allow a child to climb on the furniture and fall from the window.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.