Health Tip: Plan for Better Sleep
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Even getting a good night's sleep requires some thought and preparation.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Go to sleep at the same time every night, even on weekends.
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- Avoid naps.
- Exercise daily.
- Maintain a cool sleeping temperature between 60 degrees and 67 degrees.
- Buy a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Use bright light in the morning to help manage your circadian rhythm.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes.
- Don't eat heavy meals in the evening.
- If you can't sleep, switch rooms and do something relaxing until you feel tired.
- If you still can't sleep, speak with your doctor tofind a sleep professional.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.