Health Tip: Safely Remove a Splinter
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- When a thin piece of wood, glass or metal gets embedded within the top layers of your skin, you know how annoying and painful a splinter can be.
The U.S. Library of Medicine suggests how to remove a splinter safely:
- Sterilize a pin or needle by soaking it in rubbing alcohol or by placing the tip in a flame.
- Wash your hands with soap.
- Use the pin or needle to gently remove skin over the splinter.
- Then use the tip of the pin to lift the end of the splinter out.
- You may need to use tweezers to pull out the splinter after you lift it.
Copyright © 2019 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.