Health Tip: Recovering from Cesarean Section
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- A Cesarean section is major surgery, and it's normal to be tired and have pain and discomfort after the procedure, the Mayo Clinic says.
Mayo offers this advice about recovery after a C-section:
- Rest as often as you can.
- Avoid lifting anything heavier than your newborn.
- Take pain medication as needed and use a heating pad to help ease discomfort.
- Inspect the incision for signs of infection, including redness, oozing or swelling.
- Expect some vaginal discharge as you shed the mucous membrane that lined your uterus during pregnancy. The discharge will be red for the first few days and then turn a yellowish white color.
- You are likely to feel some contractions as your uterus adjusts to its size before pregnancy.
- Breasts may be tender as they fill and engorge with milk.
- Many women will have hair loss after pregnancy.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.