Health Tip: Prevent Back Pain at Work
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic back pain makes it more difficult to do your job, whether you're behind a desk or operating heavy machinery.
The Mayo Clinic suggests how to avoid back pain at work:
- Maintain good posture.
- Lift with your legs and tighten your core muscles, and avoid twisting.
- When possible, use a lifting device.
- Alternate physically demanding tasks with less demanding ones.
- Limit the time you spend carrying heavy briefcases, purses or bags.
- Listen to your body. Change your position often and periodically walk around and stretch your muscles.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.