Health Tip: What You Can Learn From Genetic Testing
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Genetic testing
is a laboratory analysis of the DNA instructions that you inherit from your mother and father.
According to the National Human Genome Research Institute, here's what you can learn from genetic testing:
- Information that can help diagnose diseases -- including those that may not yet be active.
- Gene changes that are responsible for an already diagnosed disease.
- The severity of a disease.
- Guidance for doctors to help them decide on the best treatment for your disease or condition.
- Gene changes that could be or have been passed on to your children.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.