Health Tip: Select the Right Cancer Team
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- If you've been diagnosed with cancer, choosing the medical team that will treat you is a hugely important decision.
The American Cancer Society offers these suggestions:
- Ask the doctor who diagnoses you where he or she would recommend going for treatment.
- Consult with family and friends who have had cancer to see what they'd suggest.
- Identify a cancer center that has a history of treating your type of cancer. A larger facility will have more varied experience.
- Consult online resources, such as the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, the U.S. National Cancer Institute and the Children's Oncology Group.
- Select a doctor who has experience treating your type of cancer and participates in your health insurance plan.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.