Health Tip: Talk to Your Youngster About Adoption
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- If you are a parent of a young adopted child, it may be time to talk about the child's birth story.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Be honest, and make your explanation simple and direct.
- Tell the child that he or she was born to other parents who could not take care of the youngster.
- Explain to the child why you chose to adopt him or her.
- Talk about how much you and your spouse wanted the child.
- Briefly explain the adoption steps you went through.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.