Health Tip: Prepare for High Winds
(HealthDay News) -- High winds can occur during a thunderstorm, hurricane or other strong weather system.
The National Weather Service suggests how to prepare for high winds:
- Trim tree branches away from your home and powerlines.
- Secure loose gutters and shutters.
- Identify an interior room, such as a basement or bathroom, that you can go to.
- If you live in a mobile home, identify a sturdy building nearby.
- Update your emergency kit and include enough food and water for three days.
- Make a list of items outside your home that you'll need to tie down or store.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.