Health Tip: Decode Nutritional Labels
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Determining whether your food is nutritious can be challenge.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions for deciphering product nutrition labels:
- Review all ingredients. Those listed first have higher percentages for that product.
- Compare the label's serving size with your standard portion size, and make sure they are similar.
- Note the total calories of each serving size.
- The "Percent Daily Values" describes how much of the suggested daily requirement of each ingredient
your food contains. Make sure you don't overdo saturated fat, salt or sugar.
- Get plenty of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.