Health Tip: Make Your Doctor's Appointment Successful
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Preparing for a doctor's appointment doesn't have to be an undue burden.
The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests how to make the most of your time at the doctor's office:
- Do not lie to your doctor when he or she asks about your diet, exercise plan or alcohol use.
- Come up with a few important questions to ask the doctor.
- Describe any medical issue clearly and succinctly, since the doctor may be on a very tight schedule.
- Share your feelings about the appointment with your doctor. Let him or her know if you feel rushed, worried or uncomfortable
- Accept that your doctor may not be able to answer every question immediately.
Copyright © 2018 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.