Health Tip: Prepare an Emergency Kit for Your Pet
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Your pet will depend on you even more during an emergency, so you should always have an emergency kit to prepare for the unexpected.
The American Red Cross says the kit should include:
- A sturdy leash, harness or carrier to transport a pet safely and prevent escape.
- Food, drinking water, bowls, cat litter and a litter pan.
- Medication and copies of medical records stored in a waterproof container.
- A first-aid kit.
- Current photos of you with your pet, in case the pet is lost.
- Information on feeding schedule, medical conditions, behavior problems and contact information for your veterinarian, in case you have to board your pet.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.