Health Tip: Fry Your Turkey Safely
(HealthDay News) -- Fried turkey has become a trendy dish for the holidays.
Here are some safe-preparation suggestions, courtesy of the U.S. National Safety Council:
- Set up the fryer more than 10 feet fromthe house.
- Keep children away from the fryer.
- Locate a flat area to ensure that the oil is even and steady.
- Use a thawed and bare turkey.
- Use caution when handling the fryer lid. The handle may become very hot and burn you.
- Always have a fire extinguisher ready.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.