Health Tip: Prevent Respiratory Infections
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
(HealthDay News) -- Our lungs have a natural defense system that protects them from dirt and germs. But that isn't enough to prevent all cases of lung disease.
The American Lung Association says here's what you can do to keep your lungs healthier:
- Don't smoke. If you do, quit.
- Avoid air pollution. On smoggy days, stay inside.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. An alcohol-based sanitizer may be used in a pinch.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice daily and see your dentist at least every six months.
- Get the annual flu shot, and ask you doctor about whether the pneumoniavaccine is right for you.
- If you get sick, stay home from work or school until you're feeling better.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.