Health Tip: Drive Safely in Fog
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
When visibility is greatly reduced
(HealthDay News) -- Navigating in a car or truck during foggy weather can be difficult and downright dangerous.
If you must drive during fog, the National Weather Service offers these safety suggestions:
- Drive slowly and allow for extra time to reach your destination.
- Use your car's low-beam lights to make your vehicle more visible. Use fog lights if you have them.
- Never use your car's high beams during fog. They cause glare, making it more difficult to see what's ahead.
- Leave extra distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Follow road lines with your eyes.
- When visibility is very low, pull over to a safe spot, and put on the hazard lights until the fog lifts.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.