Health Tip: Preparing For Your Doctor's Appointment
Suggestions to make the visit more productive
(HealthDay News) -- Preparing for a doctor's appointment can be a daunting task, especially as your list of medical concerns grows longer.
The National Institute on Aging offers these suggestions:
- Do not hide any symptoms from your doctor.
- Prepare and prioritize questions before the appointment.
- Stay focused. Avoid off-topic discussions and meaningless small talk.
- Let your doctor know if you are feeling rushed or neglected.
- Accept that your doctor may not immediately know the answer to every question.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.