Health Tip: Suggestions for New Moms
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Tips to help ward off depression
(HealthDay News) -- Being a new mom puts a lot of pressure on you and creates countless demands on your time.
Without a sturdy support network of family and friends, this can easily lead to depression and anxiety, the U.S. National Institutes of Health says.
The agency's National Child & Maternal Health Education Program suggests:
- Connect with other moms in your community or online. It's helpful to share experiences with others who are going through the same issues.
- Make time for yourself.
- Set realistic, helpful goals. Allow dishes to pile up in the sink if it means that you can get a quick nap.
- Ask family and friends for help.
- Rest when baby rests. You need sleep as much as baby does.
- Don't spend all of your time with baby. When possible, make it a point to be with people your own age.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.