Health Tip: Prepare for Your Child's Dental Procedure
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here are suggested questions
By Ann Kent
(HealthDay News) -- The American Dental Association suggests you ask these questions of your dentist before your child's office procedure.
- Who will provide the preoperative evaluation of my child, including taking a full medical history?
- How long before the office visit should my child avoid food or drink?
- Will my child take sedating medication at home before the procedure? If so, how should I monitor the child?
- What experience does the sedation provider have? Does this experience meet guidelines from the American Dental Association?
- Does staff assisting in the procedure have current training in emergency resuscitation?
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.