Health Tip: Prepare for a Hurricane
5 ways to get ready for a bad storm
By Ann Kent
(HealthDay News) -- With hurricane season upon us, it's important to be prepared. The National Weather Service suggests how you can get ready:
- Know your zone:Find out if you live in a hurricane evacuation area by contacting your local emergency management office.
- Put together an emergency kit, to include: flashlights, first-aid supplies and important contact information.
- Review your family emergency plan. Before an emergency, sit with family and close friends and decide how you will contact each other, where you will go and what you will do in an emergency.
- Review your insurance. Ensure that you have adequate coverage for your home and personal property.
- Monitor National Weather Service forecasts,and learn the meaning ofNWS watches and warnings.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.