Health Tip: Become an Active Family
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Small changes add up
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Getting more active should be a family affair. It can even be fun if you approach it the right way.
The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- Have an open and honest conversation with the family about why it's important to be more active.
- Don't nag family members to get active. Instead, plan fun, adventurous outings that get everyone moving, such as biking, hiking, bowling, canoeing or swimming.
- Buy inexpensive sports equipment, such as mitts, balls, racquets and hula hoops.
- Set limits on family screen time. But if you do watch screens together, opt for a physically active video game for the whole family.
- Have fun, enjoy yourself and set a good example for your kids.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.