Health Tip: Want Healthier Lungs?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what you can do
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Though you can't live without them, we'll bet you haven't spent much time thinking about how to take care of your lungs.
The American Lung Association has these suggestions:
- Don't start smoking; if you are a smoker, quit.
- Don't allow smoking in your home or car.
- Test your home for radon.
- Avoid the outdoors when air quality is poor.
- Prevent lung infections by washing your hands frequently, getting any recommended vaccines, and avoiding people who are sick.
- Exercise regularly to keep your lungs strong and healthy.
- See your health care provider regularly.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.