Health Tip: Get More Sleep if You Have a Cold
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Suggestions to help ease the misery
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Trying to sleep with a cold can be a miserable battle. It may be difficult to breathe, and you're probably coughing, neither of which make it easy to sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests:
- Run a humidifier or vaporizer while you sleep. Clean and dry it frequently to prevent mold.
- Use a foam wedge or stack several pillows to elevate your head.
- Keep a box of tissues by your bed so you don't have to get up when it's time to blow your nose. Tissues with moisturizing lotion can help comfort an irritated nose.
- Before bed, rinse your nose with a saline wash.
- Use nasal strips to help open nasal passages while you sleep.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.