Health Tip: Keep Fleas Out of Your Home
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If Fido or Fluffy have an unwelcome band of fleas on them, there are things you can do to control the problem.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests:
- Vacuum your home each day.
- Steam clean carpets, especially places where pets sleep, to kill fleas and flea eggs.
- Every two or three weeks, wash all family and pet bedding in hot, soapy water. Throw away and replace bedding if there's a severe infestation.
- Brush pets with a flea comb, particularly around the neck and tail. Dip the comb and any fleas you find in a bowl of soapy, hot water
- Keep pets indoors more often.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.