Health Tip: Avoiding Processed Foods
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what to do
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Processed foods often contain lots of fat, salt and other preservatives that make them considerably less healthy.
To avoid processed foods, the American Heart Association suggests:
- Cook your own meals, instead of eating ready-made meals.
- Skip bottled salad dressings, and create a dressing yourself.
- Instead of flavored yogurt, buy plain yogurt and add fruit.
- Grow your own fruit and vegetables.
- Choose less processed snacks, such as cut crunchy vegetables, popcorn, nuts or seeds.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.