Health Tip: Keep Your Sheets Clean
And reap possible health benefits
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Clean sheets may smell better than those you've been sleeping on for a while, and they may be better for your health.
The National Sleep Foundation explains:
- Dirt, sweat, oil and possibly makeup can accumulate on sheets.
- Dirty sheets can lead to skin breakouts and allergy symptoms.
- Dirty sheets also can lead to fungal skin infections.
- Wash your sheets, or at least the pillowcases, weekly.
- Always wash sheets after you've been sick, and wash frequently if you sweat a lot.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.