Health Tip: Sandals May Cause Foot Problems
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what could happen
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Sandals may be fun and fashionable during warmer weather, but your feet may pay the price.
The American Podiatric Medical Association mentions these potential injuries from different sandals:
- Sprained or twisted ankles from wedges or espadrilles.
- Bunions and hammertoes from peep toe sandals.
- Poor support, heel pain and arch pain from flats and slides.
- Injuries to the ankle and pain in the ball of the foot from high heels or platforms.
- Calluses, poor support and irritation between the toes from strappy or lace-up sandals.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.