Health Tip: Stuck on the Road in a Storm?
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Suggested steps to safety
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you can't get to shelter during a severe storm, it may be safest to stay in your car.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice:
- If you are close to home or work, go there. If you are too far, find a safe place to pull over.
- If possible, pull underneath a shady, protected area.
- Listen to the radio for weather updates.
- Stay in that spot until it is safe to resume driving.
- Continue listening to the radio for any weather changes.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.