Health Tip: Ease Varicose Veins
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Varicose veins are swollen, bulging blood vessels that usually form in the legs. And while you may not be able to prevent them, you may be able to stop them from getting worse.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute suggests:
- If you must stand or sit for long periods, take frequent breaks.
- Don't cross your legs when you sit. And when possible, raise your legs above your heart.
- Get regular exercise, and lose any extra weight.
- Don't wear tight clothing, especially around the waist and legs.
- Skip high-heeled shoes when practical.
- Wear compression stockings if recommended by your doctor.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.