Health Tip: Step Training
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Tips for safe practice
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Step training is a great way to burn calories and strengthen muscles and bones.
The American Council on Exercise offers these tips:
- Make sure you step with your entire foot on the platform, with no portion hanging off the edge.
- When you use the floor, step close to the platform.
- Step softly. Pounding your feet could harm joints.
- Keep your eyes on the platform to avoid a misstep.
- Don't use hand weights, which increase your risk of injury and aren't beneficial.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.