Health Tip: Use Caution When Applying Hair Dye
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Skin may absorb chemicals
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Hair dye contains chemicals that can be absorbed by the skin, so you should be careful when coloring your hair.
The American Cancer Society advises:
- Follow packaging instructions, especially portions containing warnings and precautions.
- Before dyeing hair, do a patch test to check for a skin reaction. Do this even if you have used the same dye before.
- Wear gloves when applying dye.
- Never mix different dyes.
- Leave the dye on only for the recommended amount of time. Rinse thoroughly.
- Never dye eyebrows or eyelashes.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.