Health Tip: Get Active With a Jump Rope
Suggestions for maximum benefit
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Jumping rope is a great way to get your heart pumping, burn calories and have a little fun.
The American Council on Exercise offers these guidelines for jumping rope:
- Hold the handles near the end of the rope, keeping your grip light.
- Tuck your elbows close to your body and relax your shoulders. Bend your knees slightly.
- Use your wrist to turn the rope, maintaining a smooth arc as you swing the rope over your head.
- Keep your head up and back straight, making sure not to round your back or shoulders.
- Reduce joint impact by jumping low.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.