Health Tip: Set Good Habits for Exercise
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Suggestions to help you stick with it
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Exercise may seem like a chore, but there are things you can do to alleviate boredom and make you look forward to daily activity.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests:
- Always warm up before you work out, and cool down after. These steps help protect you from injury and minimize soreness.
- Don't rely solely on a trip to the gym for exercise. Take the stairs, do jumping jacks during TV commercials, move around more often and dance while you clean.
- Opt for active ways to spend time with family, such as by hiking, riding bikes or using the playground.
- Don't follow the same routine each day. Mix things up.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.