Health Tip: 5 Things to Help You Sleep Soundly
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Sleep expert recommendations
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If your room is too bright, noisy or full of activity when you travel, any of these could prevent you from getting needed rest.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends:
- Buy an eye mask that fits well, feels comfortable and helps block out light. Look for one with molded eye cups if the mask rubs against your eyes.
- Get a small, travel-sized pillow. Many travel pillows are shaped to fit around your neck.
- Bring your own warm, soft blanket.
- Buy a pair of ear plugs. They're available in a range of features, from the basics to those that play white noise and adjust pressure in your ears.
- Get some lavender-scented hand cream. The relaxing scent may help you sleep.
Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.