Health Tip: Fighting Fatigue
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
It's tougher to think when you're tired
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If rather than sleeping you're working into the wee hours, you may be doing yourself more harm than good
According to the National Sleep Foundation, here's how missing sleep impacts performance:
- Lower ability to retain and recall information.
- Difficulty learning new information.
- Less creativity.
- Less ability to handle stress.
- Increased moodiness and irritability.
- Impaired reaction time, judgment, thinking and coordination.
- Poorer physical appearance.
- Increased appetite, which can lead to weight gain.
- Poorer heart health and immune system function.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.