Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Holiday Season
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Suggestions to get exercise while curbing stress and anxiety
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- You can enjoy the holidays without skipping exercise, overdoing it at the buffet and gaining weight.
The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- Say "no" to the small temptations you face throughout the holiday season.
- Decide which two holiday treats are your favorites, and only indulge in those.
- Don't stress if you miss a workout. Do your best.
- Decide which holiday obligations, whether it's cards or a party, you can do without.
- Make a family tradition of fun ways to be active, whether it's ice skating or going for a walk.
- Plan for each of the holidays so your busy schedule doesn't catch you off guard.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.