Health Tip: Watch for Open Flames
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Suggestions to help prevent home fires
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- The holidays are a prime time for home fires spurred by lit candles or fireplaces.
To help prevent such fires, the U.S. National Safety Council suggests:
- Don't leave a candle burning in any room unsupervised.
- Make sure lit candles are out of a child's reach.
- Use lit candles only on surfaces that are sturdy and stable.
- Keep lit candles away from holiday trees, curtains and flammable objects.
- Don't put wrapping paper, tree limbs or wreaths in your fireplace to burn.
- Thoroughly clean and inspect all fireplaces and chimneys annually.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.