Health Tip: Using a Fitness Tracker
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Making the most of your device
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- A fitness tracker can help you realize how much exercise you're really getting and push you to move more.
Here's how to get the most from a fitness tracker, courtesy of Johns Hopkins University Medicine:
- Wear your tracker every day.
- Create a realistic goal. While a common milestone is 10,000 steps per day, talk to your doctor about what's healthy and realistic for you.
- Choose fun activities that you will enjoy doing long-term.
- Encourage friends and family members to wear a tracker, too.
- Check your stats each day, and discuss them with your doctor.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.