Health Tip: Don't Overeat During the Holidays
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Strategies to avoid too much food
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to eat large portions and indulgent dishes during holiday feasts. But you can still enjoy the holidays without stuffing yourself.
The University of California Los Angeles offers these suggestions:
- Focus on friends, family, fun and conversation, instead of food.
- Find out which foods will be available, and plan what you will eat. Bring a healthy dish to share. Include small tastes of your favorite goodies.
- Don't skip meals. Eat a healthy snack before the big feast so you're not starving.
- Don't fill up on appetizers and alcohol. When you feel full after the meal, leave the table.
- Have small portions, and savor each bite by eating slowly.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.