Health Tip: Keep Hair Looking Healthy
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Here's what you can do
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Hair treatments designed to improve your appearance may actually be damaging your coiffure.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests these healthy hair tips:
- If possible, use color that's no more than three shades different than your natural hair color.
- Always test at-home color before using it on all of your hair, checking for rash or irritation.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to protect your hair from the sun.
- If you perm your hair, always follow the instructions. Set a timer to make sure you wash out the perm solution promptly.
- See a dermatologist if the perm solution causes severe burning or stinging.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.