Health Tip: Enjoy Autumn Produce
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Some healthy fall foods
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- A slew of nutritious produce makes its debut during the Autumn months.
Here are some Autumn goodies, mentioned by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Pumpkin, which is rich in vitamin A and fiber. Add it to bread and other baked goods.
- Beets, which are natural sources of nitrates. Enjoy them raw or cooked, and don't ignore the leafy greens on top.
- Parsnips, which are rich in folate and fiber.
- Sweet potatoes, which are rich in vitamin A and fiber.
- Kale, which is rich in manganese and vitamins A, C and K.
- Okra, which is a good source of fiber, folate and vitamins K and C.
- Pears, which are a good source of fiber.
- Cranberries, which help promote urological health.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.