Health Tip: Don't Give in to Food Cravings
Other news for:|
| ||Resources from
Focus your attention on something else
By Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you're fighting the battle of food cravings, there are things you can do to avoid the temptation.
The American Heart Association recommends:
- At a restaurant, avoid even glancing at the unhealthy section of a menu. Stick to the salad bar.
- At the end of a long day, don't give in to having an indulgent meal. Go for a walk instead.
- If you crave junk food, don't make it easy to find some. Keep healthier foods on your counter.
- Opt for small, individually-packaged servings of your favorite treats.
- After you eat, brush your teeth or chew sugar-free gum.
Copyright © 2016 . All rights reserved.
Resources from HONselect:
HONselect is the HON's medical search engine.
It retrieves scientific articles, images, conferences and web sites on the
The list of medical terms above are retrieved automatically from the article.
The text presented on this page is not a substitute for professional
medical advice. It is for your information only and may not represent your true
individual medical situation. Do not hesitate to consult your healthcare provider
if you have any questions or concerns. Do not use this information to diagnose or
treat a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare professional.
Be advised that HealthDay articles are derived from various sources
and may not reflect your own country regulations.
The Health On the Net Foundation does not endorse opinions,
products, or services that may appear in HealthDay articles.